EMPOWER CLINICS PORTLAND
EMPOWER CLINICS PORTLAND
105 SE 18th Ave
PORTLAND, OR 97214
HOW DO I GET MY MEDICAL CANNABIS CARD IN OREGON?
DETERMINE IF YOU QUALIFY
- Applicants must be Oregon residents
- Applicants must have a qualifying condition, scroll down to see Oregon qualifying conditions.
OBTAIN AN ATTENDING PHYSICIAN’S STATEMENT
- This form must be signed by the physician within 90 days of the application date.
- If an Attending Physician’s Statement is not received with the application, the applicant is NOT LEGALLY PROTECTED under the OMMA.
COPIES OF CURRENT VALID PHOTO ID
- Include copies of ID for the patient and for any designated caregivers and growers. Patients must be Oregon residents.
- If you apply by mail, make check or money order payable to OHA/OMMP. Do not send cash.OMMP has several reduced fee options available.
* MINOR DECLARATION FORM
- *If you are submitting an application for a minor, complete the Minor Declaration Form
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS
To qualify for Veteran status under OMMP, a patient application needs to include sufficient proof of having served in the Armed Forces. This includes but is not limited to the Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Reserved Duty and National Guard.
EXAMPLES OF PROOF
- A photocopy of your valid ID showing your Veteran status;
- DD214 or DD215 from Veteran’s Administration;
- Benefits Statement;
- Military ID.
Please note: The OMMP cannot accept an NGB22 form as proof.
YOU MUST ALSO SUBMIT
In addition, Veterans need to submit all items listed above in the ‘How do I get my medical cannabis card in Oregon’ section on this page. This includes the attending physician statement (APS) for a new patient application.
If the Veteran will be their own grower or does not list a grower AND submits proof of having served in the Armed Forces of the United States the application fee will be $20.
OREGON MEDICAL CANNABIS APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
PORTLAND MEDICAL CANNABIS DOCTORS
Patients in our Portland medical cannabis clinic will meet with a licensed medical cannabis doctor and discuss your medical marijuana qualifying conditions. Our Portland doctors strive to offer compassionate care and knowledgeable advice regarding the dosage and efficacy of cannabis-related therapies.
If you have your MMJ card and are looking for more tailored medical cannabis advice, please let our customer service agents know this at the time of booking your appointment.
STATE OF OREGON MEDICAL CANNABIS QUALIFYING CONDITIONS
The state of Oregon has identified a set of health conditions that qualify patients to obtain their medical marijuana card. Below is a list of qualifying conditions that were published at the time of this article. Empower Clinics will periodically review the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) for any changes to this list and update our website accordingly.
Attending Physician’s may recommend the use of medical marijuana for the following medical conditions:
- A degenerative or pervasive neurological condition
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- A medical condition or treatment for a medical condition that produces one or more of the following:
– Cachexia (a weight-loss disease that can be caused by HIV or cancer)
– Severe pain
– Severe nausea
– Seizures, including but not limited to seizures caused by epilepsy
– Persistent muscle spasm, including but not limited to spasms caused by multiple sclerosis